Start CSV2QBO, it will show the file dialog to locate a one or more of CSV files. Click on the file (or hold CTRL and click on more than one file to select multiple files) and click Open on the file dialog.
Review the Transactions tab. If you notice that certain columns should reassigned, click the Review Mapping button and assign columns from your original file to the columns on the sidebar (for the Mac version, simply assign columns on the sidebar).
Return to the Transactions tab.
Click the Save button to save loaded transactions to QBO file.
Yes. Please use the following CSV file. CSV2QBO can parse your CSV file much easier with expected column names.
Which QuickBooks version can import QBO (Web Connect) files?
The latest version of QuickBooks 2018 imports QBO (Web Connect) files. Earlier QuickBooks versions import QBO (Web Connect) files until they becomes three years old. For example, if right now year 2017 then QuickBooks 2015 is the earliest version that imports QBO (Web Connect) files.
How I should import a QBO file that CSV2QBO created under QuickBooks 2015+ QuickBooks (including 2018)?
1. Start Quickbooks, and click Lists, then Chart of Accounts. Verify that the account you need to import into is NOT ONLINE LINKED. If it has the yellow strike icon, edit the account first and activate online link.
1.1. IMPORTANT: If the account has yellow strike icon, select Account, Edit Account, then click on the Bank Feeds (Online Services in older versions) tab, select "Deactivate All Online Services" and Save the changes.
2. Under the main menu, click Banking, then Online Banking, then Import Web Connect File (or click File, then Utilities, then Import, then Web Connect Files).
3. On the file dialog, navigate to the folder where you saved a QBO file, select it and click Open.
4. On the import screen, select an account from the account drop down list or select to create new account.
IMPORTANT: If existing account list does not have the account you need to import into, please return to Step 1 above and ready carefully.
5. Transactions are imported (almost done.
6. In Banking Feeds Center, select bank, and click the Transaction List button to start reviewing imported transactions.
7. Review transactions, match payees names to vendor records and assign expense/income accounts and complete transactions import into the register.
Knowledge Base Articles
Please visit Knowledge Base section on our site for more articles. Click on the tag link to get related articles.
Get Support for your specific question
Please visit Support section and open a ticket to get help for your specific situation (all details are kept confidential).