I used to trick QuickBooks
Pro for Mac myself, regarding Web Connect files for my B of A credit card. I'd download the QFX file, edit the file in TextEdit by substituting a different INTU.BID number, and bada-bing! QuickBooks
would import the file into my Bank of America register, no problem. Until this month. Now that hack doesn't work.
Oh, it converts the untouched B of A QFX file just fine. But when QuickBooks
Pro 2013 for Mac tries to import it, the dialog states it's a Wells Fargo file. There is a selector box below to tell QB which account to import into, and the only credit card accounts that appear are all deleted / decommissioned / inactive accounts. B of A does NOT appear on that list. I can also click the NEW button to *CREATE* an account, but I already *have* an account! One that's got a lot of entries in it. I don't want to create a new account when I've already got one!
So here I am in the same place I started this morning. BTW, the web is full of others with the same complaint -- our QuickBooks
"hack" no longer is working. I think the company may have gotten wise to this scheme. Don't know for sure. All I know is that no combination of Bank Names, FID numbers and INTU.BID numbers is working anymore -- changing JUST the INTU.BID, or the FID and INTU.BID, or the Bank name, FID and INTU.BID … all yield either the "doesn't list the B of A account" problem or a dialog that says "no transactions were imported" or "contact your financial institution."
If you can figure THIS out, you are truly QuickBooks
Conversion Gods. :)