Convert transactions to a format importable by Wave Accounting
Wave Accounting imports OFX, QFX, QBO, CSV files.
Convert to the OFX format
OFX files are Open Financial Exchange files. This is a preferred format for Wave as transactions are presented only in one way.
- Convert CSV/Excel/TXT files to the OFX format: CSV2OFX
- Convert PDF files (text based) to the OFX format: PDF2OFX
- Convert PDF files (text based) to CSV/Excel: PDF2CSV (Use CSV layout Xero or QB Online)
- Convert QIF files to the OFX format: QIF2OFX (this is great option to avoid the date format confusion as QIF file may have dates as DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY)
- Convert non-importable OFX/QBO/QFX files to a correct OFX file: Bank2OFX
Convert to the CSV format
Wave provides the CSV import option, but make sure to set the output date format to match your country settings in Wave.
- Convert CSV/Excel files to compatible CSV format: CSV2CSV (Use QBO Online or Xero layout)
- Convert PDF files to the CSV format: PDF2CSV